After looking at the combo in the previous post, it makes getting the i7 processor seem much more affordable. Then again, I am not the financial support for this project. Nevertheless, I think it would not only increase the longevity of the system, but also its present day functioning with the previously mentioned functions:
- Heavy HD media streaming
- Light HD Video editing with Final Cut Studio
- Web domain Hosting
- Extensive large quantities of data extraction
- Light utilization of applications like Handbreak now and then
- Moderate Audio remix/editing with Logic Studio.
- ** also multitasking. This computer should be able to watch 1080p, stream 1080p, and being able to function as a decent computer on other video displays. (IE excel, pages, and/or safari) simultaneously.
As this combo shows, the budget could still be achieved by cutting back on the budget for hard drive, and going down to a non-RAIDable hard drive and 1 TB instead of 2. Upgrading a hard drive is different from upgrading a processor. In the case of the processor the old has to be replaced, but with the hard drive, the old can be retained. My vote goes for an inferior HD and the superior i7. What does the financial support think?